Loans & Insurance
You can choose from a selection of voluntary loan protection products designed to protect yourself and your families. Each of these products can provide peace of mind if the unexpected strikes.
Loss of Life - Cancels your loan balances up to $100,000 should you die before paying off your loan. Protect your family from inheriting your debt by purchasing loss of life protection.
Disability - Cancels your monthly loan payments up to the agreement maximum if you are unable to work due to illness or injury. Consider adding disability protection to your loans.
Involuntary Unemployment - Cancels your monthly loan payment up to the agreement maximum, if you become involuntarily unemployed. Consider how involuntary unemployment protection could protect you during a layoff.
If your vehicle were stolen or damaged beyond repair, you would be liable to pay the difference between your insurance settlement (the value of the vehicle) and your outstanding loan balance. For a very small cost, GAP insurance will cover that difference. Gap insurance is only available on Auto Loans.
How to Apply for a Loan
- To initiate the lending process, loan applicant must first complete a detailed loan application.
- There are several ways to receive the application.
- Eligibility is determined by first having the required $100.00 in your savings. The Loan Officer then considers the amount you want to borrow with a credit check from the credit bureau and with the following thoughts in mind.
- First time borrowers must have a co-signer or pledge shares.
- Indebtedness must not exceed $30,000.00 at the Credit Union. This includes who you have co-signed for and their current status of his or her loan.
- All applicants must be presently working and able to supply a current employment pay stub, or a previous W2 form. (Note: if self-employed 2 Yrs. Income will be needed.)
- When applying for a car loan a bill of sale must be submitted with the loan application, private sales exempt. A Vin number and current proof of Auto Insurance is mandatory on all car loan applications.
- Loan rates vary according to the type of loan. Finance charges on your credit union loan are calculated on the unpaid balance, so you pay only for the days you use the money. There is never a penalty for early repayment of your loan, and there are no charges or fees for credit investigation (H/E loans are not included). Your credit union loan payments can be automatically deducted from each paycheck, if you request it. Payroll deduction makes budgeting simpler and saves worry over late payments.
- When making your loan payment it is absolutely essential that the full account number and the loan code number must be included with your payment.
- Monthly payments must be made even if paid ahead.
Types of Loans
- Secured/Savings Pledged
- Signature Loan
- Co-signed Loan
- New or Used Auto Loan
- Recreational Vehicles
- New or Used Motorcycle Loan
- New or Used Boat Loan
- Home Equity Loan
- Special Short Term Loans
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CREDIT REPORTING:
- WE MAY REPORT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT TO CREDIT BUREAUS. LATE PAYMENTS, MISSED PAYMENTS, OR OTHER DEFAULTS ON YOUR ACCOUNTS MAY BE REFLECTED ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT
- Currently we use Equifax & TransUnion